Wearing a Statement necklace
A statement necklace is the perfect accessory for those days your look needs spicing up.
Here are a few tips to help you master the Statement necklace:
- No need for bold earrings or chunky rings/bracelets – it’s the neck jewellery that’s making the statement!
- Use a statement necklace to pep up an otherwise simple outfit.
- Go bright and go bold.
- Wear it under a casual shirt over the top of a buttoned up shirt.
- Match the shape of the necklace to your neckline.
- Keep your hair simple – the necklace will do the work here – no need to compete.
When choosing your necklace, back yourself.
Go for something that really makes you feel special and happy. You know you. It should be an expression of your personal tastes, not just chosen because you think you have to do it.
Fashion is very much about self-expression. You are the best judge of what works for you. There are some basic style guides on the how to wear something, but ultimately, you need to make a choice that works for you.
Make sure you consider the size when choosing your jewellery.
If you are a bigger person, then go for something a bit more chunky.
Equally, if you are a smaller, slimmer person, something really chunky may be overwhelming and you might like to consider something a bit finer.
This is your opportunity to explore your personal tastes…the colours, textures, sizing, design and finishes that make a statement about who you are as a person. So be brave! Extend yourself.