How to Master the Art of Layering Clothes
You know sometimes when you get dressed and you like the clothes you are wearing but it feels a bit blah? Like something is missing?
For me, my staple outfit at this time of the year (Winter at the time of writing) is a long sleeved tee and jeans with boots.
Sounds easy, right?
Find a top you like, a well fitting pair of jeans and you’re good to go?
Not quite. Even though the clothes you have chosen to wear may be a perfect compliment to your body shape and colouring it’s still not feeling ‘stylish’ It needs a little spark added.
This is where the art of layering clothes comes in!
It may seem confusing at first, knowing what items to layer together to give your outfit that extra spark, but once you start you’ll quickly get the hang of it.
Here are my top tips for Layering Clothes:
- You can layer clothes as well as jewellery. One necklace may look ok, but how about three?
- Select a few similar pieces of varying lengths and wear them together to create interest.
- You don’t necessarily have to buy anything new for layering your clothes – check out your wardrobe and think outside the box – what items could you layer together to create a fancy new outfit?
Follow my simple 4 step process for layering clothes:
- Start with a base layer – singlet or cami.
- Add a second layer – eg, t-shirt
- Add a third layer – a cardi or jacket
- Add some finishing touches – a scarf or a necklace
- Sometimes simply adding one extra piece can take your outfit from drab to fab in a millisecond!
I challenge you to check your wardrobe for layering possibilities today – let me know how it goes and share your photos on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #CMBLayeringChallenge
Join my Yummy Mummy Style Makeover and discover the styles that suit your body shape and personality!